how to not lock the screen

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Jun 6 13:46:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, g wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > I recently installed FC8 and  haven't been able to find
> > the incantation to tell FC8 and KDE not to lock my screen.
> >
> > How do I tell them not to lock my screen?
> >

> bring up kde 'control center', click '[+] appearance & themes', click
> 'screen saver', click '[x] require password to stop', leaving,
> '[ ] require password to stop'.
>
> should do it.

Thanks.
I'd found the spot before, but coudn't get it to work.
'Require password to stop' wasn't xed, but it was grayed out.
xing 'Start automatically' eliminated the need for a password.

"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called Hardware;  those program instructions that you can only
curse at are called Software."