How to show password at boot -

Bob Goodwin USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Jun 6 13:59:34 UTC 2008

I boot my computer every morning usually before 04:00.  The room is
dark, the only other critters present are two large dogs who have little
interest in what I do here.  I've been doing this for more than ten
years and have never had anyone in the room when I enter the password,
much less looking over my shoulder.

I rarely make an error but it would be reassuring if the password would
be displayed rather than just a blank line on the plain text screen that
I prefer.

Is there a way to display the password?  How can I change that?

This is F8 up to date ...  Upgraded from F7.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin