Switching virtual terminals

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 6 14:32:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 20:24 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 05:11 -0400, Jim Dever wrote:
> > I just tried it again to make sure.  From an X session CTRL+ALT+Fn
> > works but from a text console Alt-Fn does nothing.  It's remains at
> > the same tty I was at when I issued the CTRL+ALT+Fn from X.  Any
> > ideas?
>
> I am back on Fedora 9, now, and both ALT+Fn and CTRL+ALT+Fn are
> working
> for me, so the problem is probably specific to your setup.  You might
> want to say if your installation was fresh, or updating a prior wes

Again this must be a F9 special. On f7 and F8 , ctrl-alt-Fx takesw you
to a virtual termianl. alt-Fx allows you to run a program in a virtual
termial. However if you are in a virtual terminal then alt-Fx will take
you to a new terminal. These are not upgraded systems I am using.
It occurred to me lately that nothing has occurred to me lately.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net