make thunderbird NOT show html

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Fri Jun 6 17:32:44 UTC 2008

Hi all,

It seems that there are many clueless people who could never write a web
page but seem to feel more than qualified to send html mail.  I am tired
of squinting at itty bitty fonts that are rendered by Thunderbird
whenever it displays html email.  (List denizens, please note: html mail
gets an instant delete here; you will receive no help from me.)

Does anybody know how to make Thunderbird display only the text/plain
portion of multipart email?

I've set up a filter to delete email with the header "Content-Type:
text/html" but that only catches some of it.

A hearty toast to whomever can solve this one.

Thanks,
Mike Wright