xorg.conf for Logitech Marble Mouse?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Jun 6 19:51:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:21:41 -0700
Hugh Caley <hughc at aldon.com> wrote:

> Since the upgrade from Fedora 8 to 9 my Logitech Marble Mouse's small
> buttons aren't recognized anymore.  Anyone have one of these (or
> something similar) running and can post your xorg.conf mouse section?

I don't have one of those, but if you are trying to do drag lock
(and perhaps other things as well), they have apparently "improved"
the new X11 so much that everything works differently, and half
the features aren't there anymore.

I was able to get my usb trackball working the "old" way by adding
the "AutoAddDevices" option to my xorg.conf file ServerFlags
section:

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option	    "AutoAddDevices" "false"
	Option	    "AIGLX" "on"
EndSection

If I understand the explanation I got (which I doubt), that lets
the usb mouse act like a hard wired device and show up in the
/etc/input/mice interface where the old style mouse config still
works. Without it, usb devices get "hot plugged" via the new
and improved evdev interface which doesn't have support for drag
lock (that's how you can tell it is improved :-).