Switching virtual terminals

Jim Dever jdever at triad.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 02:12:01 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 05:11 -0400, Jim Dever wrote:
>> I just tried it again to make sure.  From an X session CTRL+ALT+Fn
>> works but from a text console Alt-Fn does nothing.  It's remains at
>> the same tty I was at when I issued the CTRL+ALT+Fn from X.  Any
>> ideas?
>
> I am back on Fedora 9, now, and both ALT+Fn and CTRL+ALT+Fn are working
> for me, so the problem is probably specific to your setup.  You might
> want to say if your installation was fresh, or updating a prior release.

It's definitely a straight plain vanilla installation.  I didn't
download any of the development groups.  Just stopped at the default.
The only thing I've changed is to put it on a static IP address.  I
haven't even had my hands in the nuts and bolts.  I've had the same
problem with F8 and F7 with a straight install.  Weird.

--
Jim