Where does Firefox-3 keep its plugins?

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 06:19:50 UTC 2008

2008/6/7 Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net>:
> On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 07:10 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>> will you check the dimension of ./mozilla/pluginreg.dat against
>> ./mozilla/firefox/xxxxxx.default/pluginred.dat ???
>>
>> See Bug 448895: Firefox plugins are not working
>
>  $ cd $HOME
> $ find .mozilla -name pluginreg.dat -ls
> 1884724    8 -rw-------   1 jonrysh  jonrysh        65 Jun  5 08:24 .mozilla/firefox/zzj6jd8o.Test\ Printer/pluginreg.dat
> 1884717   12 -rw-------   1 jonrysh  jonrysh      5758 Jun  1 07:40 .mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat
>
> As you see, the files are not the same size.
>
> Can you tell me more about what's going on.  The bug you referenced,
> Redhat's "Bugzilla Bug 448895: Firefox plugins are not working"
> doesn't have anything in it about these files.
>
> Thanks - jon

1) please check if same files are different for another user on same
computer (and check if about:plugins says...)
2) if you have any access to another Fedora computer, please check same files

I solved the problem reinstalling same from another computer that same
plugins installed.

Let us know what you found

--
Antonio Montagnani