how to not lock the screen

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Jun 7 07:23:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, g wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > Thanks.
>
> you are welcome. glad you got things to work for you.
>
> > I'd found the spot before, but coudn't get it to work.
> > 'Require password to stop' wasn't xed, but it was grayed out.
> > xing 'Start automatically' eliminated the need for a password.
>
> interesting. "xing 'Start automatically'" is among 1st in my initial setup
> of kde. i like to blank crt. was not aware of effect if password not xed.
>
> live and learn, die and forget.
>
> thanks for info.

Alas, I wrote too soon.
It seems to have worked just once.
It starts automatically whether or not 'Start automatically' is xed.
It wants a password whether or not 'Require password to stop' is xed.

Perhaps I need a background job to nuke
the screensaver whenever it shows up.

"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)
are called Hardware;  those program instructions that you can only
curse at are called Software."