problem with Dolphin

Germán Racca gracca at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 18:19:03 UTC 2008

Hi Max!

I upgraded from F6 to F9 from the DVD.
Dolphin and Konqueror worked well untill last week.
I don´t know what video drivers I´m running, but I will check it.
I saw that /usr/lib/libnepomuk.so.4 is a link to
/usr/lib/libnepomuk.so.4.0.1...is that right?
How can I check the integrity of libnepomuk.so.4?
Thank you very much!!!
German

On 6/7/08, max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Germán Racca wrote:
>> Yes, that's right, now I used service as root, but I still have a
>> problem with Dolphin and Konqueror,
>> and I have the last version of kdelibs (as mentiones by Phil). What to do?
>> Thanks!
>> German.
>
> I don't think there is any thing to do at this point since KDE4 is a
> work in progress.
> KDE 4.1 should be out in a couple of months and that may resolve your
> issue, starting Dolphin works for me so if previous suggestions don't
> work then I don't really know what to tell you. Are you running the
> nvidia driver?what video driver are you running? have you looked through
> dmesg? have you checked for possible SELinux denials in the logs? There
> is also the following in your output :
>
>> dolphin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libnepomuk.so.4: undefined
>> symbol: _ZN7Soprano6Client17LocalSocketClientC1EP7QObject
>> <unknown program name>(3507)/: Communication problem with  "dolphin" ,
>> it probably crashed.
>
> Have you checked the integrity of this libnepomuk.so.4 file or package?
> Did you upgrade to f9?how did you do the upgrade? or was it a fresh install?
> --
> If opinions were really like assholes the we'd each have just one
>
> --

Germán A. Racca
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE
Divisão de Astrofísica - DAS/CEA
São José dos Campos - SP - Brasil
--
TEL: 55 12 3945-7209