ATI, F8 and momentary black screen

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Jun 7 23:36:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 18:13:50 +0100
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Not only radeons.  My CentOS box has an nvidia, and is fine in analogue mode,
> but in dvi mode it blinks exactly as described.

Yea, when I plugged in an nvidia replacement and found the same flickering
was when I tried the other DVI input and discovered it worked flawlessly.
So now I have an IOGear DVI KVM switch and plug everything into the one
working DVI input (and despite my really horrible experiences with
KVM switches previously, this one has been flawless :-).