problem with Dolphin

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 8 00:14:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-07 at 16:10 -0400, max wrote:
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ rpm --query --whatprovides libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
> no package provides libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
>
> Color me confused here

Isn't "whatprovides" for asking about what provides a "capability," not
about particular files?

e.g. rpm -q --whatprovides webserver
httpd-2.0.40-8

See:  <http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch05s02.html#id2953745>

Although that reference also suggests that you can query individual
files, I find that it only gives an answer some of the time.  e.g. The
grub.conf (menu.1st) file doesn't appear to belong to anything.  I
haven't worked that whys and wherefores, but perhaps files generated by
installing a RPM, rather than extracted from a RPM, don't count?

To find what package provided a particular file, there's "rpm -qf".

e.g. rpm -qf /full/path/to/the/file/you/want/to/know/about

Does that query format give you an answer?

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.