F9 breaking Galeon 2.0.5 -- sometimes : UPDATE

Beartooth Sciurivore beartooth at swva.net
Sun Jun 8 20:17:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 16:30:57 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> (Followups set to gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general)
>
> 	Under Fedora 9 (but no earlier release, iirc) Galeon 2.0.5
> crashes on launch if there is a tab open to certain sites.

	I should have mentioned that, if it launches  successfully
without a tab for the PATC Trails Forum, http://www.hypernews.org/
HyperNews/get/trails/PATC.html and I then try to send a new tab to it,
that also crashes Galeon.
	[...]
> 	I don't know if there is any way to downgrade F9's Galeon to
> 2.0.4, or upgrade F8's to 2.0.5; those might tell something.

	I tried my usual Big Hammer : in this case, "yum remove
galeon" (which did not threaten to remove anything else), followed by
"yum update" (which got nothing) and then by "yum install galeon."

	That helps especially with dependency hells, but sometimes also
with other snarls. But it did no good this time.

	If I remove galeon again, then go find an rpm (most likely an F8
one) for 2.0.4, download it to the F9 machine, and do rpm -ivh, is there
any hope that would help?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.