F9: What's up with the Firefox home page?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jun 9 00:55:42 UTC 2008

I just did some experimenting, and apparently the firefox
designers felt compelled to introduce two different concepts:

1) The page displayed at firefox startup.

2) The home page.

Obviously, we can all see the burning need to have those be
configured to point to different places :-).

In the preferences, I set the "startup" page to be be "blank",
then I exited firefox, started it again, and observed that I
did indeed get a blank page.

Then I went back into preferences and set home page to be
"current page", so finally I have home and startup pointing
to the same place.