Switching virtual terminals

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 01:24:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 08:15 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 08 June 2008 05:09:44 Ric Moore wrote:

> > > FWIW my ~6-year-old Packard Bell laptop has the same problem.  The only
> > > wayout I can find is to shut down.
> >
> > You can't ctrl-alt F7 to get back to X?? Ric
> >
> Correct.  Ctrl-alt plus some Fx do nothing.  One, I think it's F5, changes the
> screen resolution.  F7 does nothing.  At this point the only way out is to
> shut down - it won't even reboot.  If you have any apps open they crash on
> the way out.

Wow, it must be in the way the key combination works out in the
resultant ASCII code. I wonder if you switched your keyboard setting to
US instead of "Hail the Queen" if that would set ctrl-alt-F7 to rights,
as well as your other keys?? It's a thought. When trouble shooting with
a shotgun, you gotta hit something! Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339