F9: What's up with the Firefox home page?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 9 02:18:11 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 20:55 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> In the preferences, I set the "startup" page to be be "blank",
> then I exited firefox, started it again, and observed that I
> did indeed get a blank page.
>
> Then I went back into preferences and set home page to be
> "current page", so finally I have home and startup pointing
> to the same place.

I found the first page Firefox starts up with was the home page that I
set.  I only set the home page the once, and didn't do any fiddling
around other than:

Load the page I wanted as a home page.
Drop the favicon for it (left of the URI) onto the home icon.
Okay the box that popped up.

The only time I find Firefox changing to a different start page is after
an update.  Then I get their default start page, the first time Firefox
is loaded.  Subsequent loads work as I'd previously configured it.  I
don't have to change anything to make it stop showing me their start
page.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.i686