NetworkManager: how to select wireless interface

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 9 13:16:30 UTC 2008

Mike Burger wrote:
>> How can I tell Network Manager not to use one of the 2 interfaces?
>
> You could, simply, remove the PCMCIA card, or turn off the Centrino
> interface.

What I want to do is to select which interface to use, not remove the other one.

> In all seriousness...if the Centrino interface is working, why have the
> Linksys card inserted, at all?  And if the opposite is true, and the
> Linksys is working, why leave the Centrino interface turned on.

I dont think that matters.

I just would like to know if it is possible to choose which interface to use, and in case NM wants
to connect both, how do I choose the default gateway? I've seen it chosen at random so far.

Andrea