NetworkManager: how to select wireless interface

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:55:27 UTC 2008

Andrea <mariofutire <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> I just would like to know if it is possible to choose which interface to
> use, and in case NM wants to connect both, how do I choose the default
> gateway? I've seen it chosen at random so far.

Equally at some point no doubt someone will want to have NM able to connect
to either a wire or a wireless interface - and then it should be part of
normal operation to be able to select wired or wireless.

One reason some people don't use NM is because it seems not obvious that
NM can actually do this. If it can the documentation should be easily available
so that users can get at it easily.