problem with Dolphin

Germán Racca gracca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:09:58 UTC 2008

Dear Max:
I will answer tomorrow, because today I am not with my notebook...I
forgot it at home, and I have
internet only in my work.
The library libnepomuk.so.4 is a link to libnepomuk.so.4.1.0 in my F9 i386.
I will send you more informations tomorrow.
Thanks,
German.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM, max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Germán Racca wrote:
>>
>> Hi Max!
>>
>> I upgraded from F6 to F9 from the DVD.
>> Dolphin and Konqueror worked well untill last week.
>> I don´t know what video drivers I´m running, but I will check it.
>> I saw that /usr/lib/libnepomuk.so.4 is a link to
>> /usr/lib/libnepomuk.so.4.0.1...is that right?
>> How can I check the integrity of libnepomuk.so.4?
>> Thank you very much!!!
>> German
>
> Well I wasn't sure how to answer your question but I smelled a learning
> opportunity so here is what I have done. Running a terminal as a regular
> user :
>
>  [x33 at localhost ~]$ locate libnepomuk.so.4
> /usr/lib64/libnepomuk.so.4
> /usr/lib64/libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
>
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ file /usr/lib64/libnepomuk.so.4
> /usr/lib64/libnepomuk.so.4: symbolic link to `libnepomuk.so.4.0.4'
>
> It appears to point to a slightly different version of the file on my system
> than on yours. I feel like there are a couple of possibilities here : 1.
> Your running 386 system and I am on a x64 so that is why the versions are
> slightly different....2. Your symlink is pointing to the wrong file, maybe
> you missed an update or excluded a package from being updated and this
> resulted in breakage
>
> There are perhaps other possibilities but you said it was working until last
> week and a.) this is all that occurs to me at this moment in time, i may get
> another idea later, i will let you know if so b.) these seem to me the most
> likely possibilities
>
> Wait there is one more thing to do now that I think of it :
>
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ rpm --query --whatprovides libnepomuk.so.4
> no package provides libnepomuk.so.4
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ rpm --query --whatprovides libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
> no package provides libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
>
> Color me confused here but then I did this :
>
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ file /usr/lib64/libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
> /usr/lib64/libnepomuk.so.4.0.4: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64,
> version 1 (SYSV), stripped
>
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ repoquery --whatprovides libnepomuk.so.4
> kdelibs-6:4.0.3-7.fc9.i386
> kdelibs-6:4.0.4-4.fc9.i386
>
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ repoquery --whatprovides libnepomuk.so.4.0.4
> [x33 at localhost ~]$
>
> So I am more confused now than before but its not the first time so i did
> this:
>
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ rpm -V kdelibs-6:4.0.3-7.fc9.i386
> package kdelibs-6:4.0.3-7.fc9.i386 is not installed
> [x33 at localhost ~]$ rpm -V kdelibs-6:4.0.4-4.fc9.i386
> package kdelibs-6:4.0.4-4.fc9.i386 is not installed
>
> This has not alleviated my confusion but its not surprising considering that
> my rpm query told me that nothing provides the two libnepomuk files in
> question, though i am still confused because they are obviously present. So
> at this point I feel like I am missing  something obvious or simple.....I am
> [...]

Germán A. Racca
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE
Divisão de Astrofísica - DAS/CEA
São José dos Campos - SP - Brasil
--
TEL: 55 12 3945-7209