Firefox 3 beta on Fedora 9 uses lots of IO after start

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:40:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:08 AM, stan <goedigi89__e at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm running Fedora 9 with the Firefox 3 beta.  After start, Firefox reads
> and writes heavily to the disk (99.99% in iotop) for almost a minute.  Is
> this known behavior and acceptable or a bug?

I've noticed this the first time I run firefox in f9 after rebooting to f8
and
vice versa.  It seems that firefox needs to convert files to a new format
or something between firefox 2.x and 3.x.  For me, I don't even get a
firefox window until this is done.

If it's happening to you every time, then I guess it's different from
what I see.  Like somebody said, maybe it's fixed in rc2.  I wonder
why f9 is still using beta after two release candidates have been released.?

    David