can't get X to work after installing F9

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Mon Jun 9 17:48:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 11:44 -0400, Vadim Nasardinov wrote:

> The monitor specs (such as they are) can be found here:
>
>   http://www.viewsonic.com/support/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/optiquest/q190mb/index.htm
>   http://www.viewsonic.com/pdf/us_eng/products/LR_Q190mb.pdf
>   http://www.viewsonic.com/pdf/userguides/q190mb-1_ug_eng.pdf
>

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

F9 seems to have a lot of problems with graphics hardware. Have you
tried using the "vesa" driver? This might at least get you to the point
of getting a graphical display (although it might not). I tried F9 on a
new HP 2133 mini-notebook (comes with SUSE Linux) but ended up
installing F8 because I could not get a display on the notebook's lcd
panel. You might have much better luck with F8 until better drivers are
available for F9.

Rick B.