A simple question about rsyslog.conf

Ambrogio De Lorenzo ambrogio.de.lorenzo at alice.it
Mon Jun 9 20:08:42 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I would like to create a file in /var/log using the rsyslog.

The problem is that I don't understand how to do it.

standing that the program log messages using the LOCAL6 facility I added
a simple line

local6.*  /var/log/myfile

But in this way I have the message logged in myfile, but also in
messages.

I can change the rule for /var/log/messages, telling to not log anything
about local6 with local6.none, but there is another way to specify a
more complex level of logging?

I don't understand very well the rsyslog.conf man page, so if there is
someone that can point me to a collection of examples, rules and other
thing about rsyslog, I will be happy.

Tnx
 Ambrogio