I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?

reikred at gmail.com reikred at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 02:50:17 UTC 2008

Wait a minute. People are talking about using maildir format instead
of mbox format. Fine. But the original question was about local/offline storage,
not the server storage.

The server side in the original question was gmail+IMAP. Who knows
what gmail does internally, but that does not seem relevant.

How do I make Thunderbird use maildir instead of mbox for local/offline
storage? I have never seen that option.

.... maybe I misunderstood something, but I would love to see maildir
used for local Thunderbird storage. Mbox is awful, for the reasons
described by other posters.