DNS: Can public and private data be hosted by the same server?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 10 05:49:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 11:34 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> file '/var/log/named/named.log': file not found
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Are you running BIND chrooted?  Perhaps the logs are supposed to be
chrooted as well.  If so, have a look inside the chroot environment
(/var/named/chroot/).

e.g. /var/named/chroot/var/log/named.log

I haven't played with logging named for a long time, so I can't recall
how it goes about things.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.i686