Spec file for Firefox 3 RC?

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Tue Jun 10 14:09:02 UTC 2008

Mike Burger wrote:

> Fedora (5, 8, 9) doesn't really matter which release, though...I've been
> using the same spec file to rebuild Firefox 2 on F5 and F6, prior to
> upgrading to F8 and/or F9...just edited the Firefox release specific info,
> and ran with it.

In most cases, you can take the srpm package from the distro and then just grab the new source and change the release version in the spec file.  I did that, however, this is what I get when trying to compile rc2.  BTW - there don't appear to be any patches in the spec file for b5 that could be messing up rc2 (that I can tell). Any ideas?

nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'virtual nsresult BookmarkContentSink::AddLeaf(const nsIParserNode&)':
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:632: warning: conversion to 'PRUnichar' from 'PRInt32' may alter its value
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'void BookmarkContentSink::HandleContainerEnd()':
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:673: warning: unused variable 'rv'
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'void BookmarkContentSink::HandleHead1Begin(const nsIParserNode&)':
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:701: warning: unused variable 'rv'
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'void BookmarkContentSink::HandleLinkBegin(const nsIParserNode&)':
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:989: error: 'class nsDerivedSafe<nsINavHistoryService>' has no member named 'SetCharsetForURI'
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'nsresult BookmarkContentSink::NewFrame()':
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:1228: warning: unused variable 'rv'
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:1233: warning: unused variable 'rv'
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'nsresult nsPlacesImportExportService::WriteItem(nsINavHistoryResultNode*, const nsACString&, nsIOutputStream*)':
nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:1933: error: 'class nsDerivedSafe<nsINavHistoryService>' has no member named 'GetCharsetForURI'
gmake[7]: *** [nsPlacesImportExportService.o] Error 1
gmake[7]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/firefox-3.0/mozilla/browser/components/places/src'