Spec file for Firefox 3 RC?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Jun 10 14:39:12 UTC 2008

> Mike Burger wrote:
>>
>> Fedora (5, 8, 9) doesn't really matter which release, though...I've been
>> using the same spec file to rebuild Firefox 2 on F5 and F6, prior to
>> upgrading to F8 and/or F9...just edited the Firefox release specific
>> info,
>> and ran with it.
>>

> In most cases, you can take the srpm package from the distro and then just
> grab the new source and change the release version in the spec file.  I
> did that, however, this is what I get when trying to compile rc2.  BTW -
> there don't appear to be any patches in the spec file for b5 that could be
> messing up rc2 (that I can tell). Any ideas?
>
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'virtual nsresult
> BookmarkContentSink::AddLeaf(const nsIParserNode&)':
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:632: warning: conversion to 'PRUnichar'
> from 'PRInt32' may alter its value
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'void
> BookmarkContentSink::HandleContainerEnd()':
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:673: warning: unused variable 'rv'
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'void
> BookmarkContentSink::HandleHead1Begin(const nsIParserNode&)':
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:701: warning: unused variable 'rv'
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'void
> BookmarkContentSink::HandleLinkBegin(const nsIParserNode&)':
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:989: error: 'class
> nsDerivedSafe<nsINavHistoryService>' has no member named
> 'SetCharsetForURI'
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'nsresult
> BookmarkContentSink::NewFrame()':
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:1228: warning: unused variable 'rv'
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:1233: warning: unused variable 'rv'
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp: In member function 'nsresult
> nsPlacesImportExportService::WriteItem(nsINavHistoryResultNode*, const
> nsACString&, nsIOutputStream*)':
> nsPlacesImportExportService.cpp:1933: error: 'class
> nsDerivedSafe<nsINavHistoryService>' has no member named
> 'GetCharsetForURI'
> gmake[7]: *** [nsPlacesImportExportService.o] Error 1
> gmake[7]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/firefox-3.0/mozilla/browser/components/places/src'

I did note that there was no /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/firefox-3.0/mozilla
directory, at all.  There was, however, a path of
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/firefox-3.0/firefox.

Guess I'll wait a while until the package maintainers have had a chance to
do something with one of the release candidates.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS