Curious behaviour with multiple desktops in F9 KDE

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jun 10 15:53:48 UTC 2008

I find it is quite difficult to open an application
in a particular desktop in Fedora-9 KDE.

In Fedora-8, if you clicked on a particular desktop
in the multiple desktop icon in the panel,
and then clicked on an application icon, eg kmail,
then the application opened in that desktop.

As far as I can see, this does not always happen now.
I click on desktop 2 in the multiple desktop icon,
so that it is highlighted.
Then I click on the konsole icon,
but it opens in desktop 1.
(I know I can drag it to desktop 2,
so it is only a very minor inconvenience.)

Is there incidentally, a way of ensuring that
an application will always open in a particular desktop?