Unable to mount DVD under Fedora 9

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 10 20:19:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 09:08 -0700, stan wrote:
> stan wrote:
> > I'm running Fedora 9, I put a DVD in the player, and it doesn't
> load.
> > The same DVD and player work fine under Fedora 7.  It is just a
> data
> > DVD.  I find nothing in bugzilla for this.  Is it a difference in
> > configuration between Fedora 7 and 9, or is it a bug?  The DVD is
> on
> > the second PATA channel as master, and there is a CD as slave.  I
> > upgraded using preupgrade so there was no interaction with the DVD
> > during install.

We have a terminology problem. What do you mean by loading. Do you mean
mounting. Have you configured this in : System->Preferences->
Hardware->Removeable Drives and Media Performance -> Storage, clicking
Browse removable media when inserted.
This did not need to be clicked in f7. Maybe it needs to be in f9.

Happy feast of the pig!
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net