[F8]: Getting MIDI player to work: HOW?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:51:41 UTC 2008

2008/6/11 Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com>:

> Well... not for me.  I fundamental problem is that everything I have tried so
> far does not get midi to work with pulseaudio.  Heck, giving up,

All I need to do in F8 is to run "timidity file.mid" and it plays via
pulseaudio. As a test I can run Audacious in parallel and let it play
via its pulseaudio output plugin, too. I haven't set up anything for
this.

> The whole point of this exercise , is that I can get Midi to run albeit,
> crappy sounding, so why is it that PulseAudio cannot even do that much - I
> haven't found any place where I can setup MIDI under PulseAudio.
>
> Any advice, please?

timidity outputs to the normal PCM device, because it is a software
wavetable player.