Checking CPU temperature

Mike Williams dmikewilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 01:46:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to be clear, my system is fine using lm_sensors, it's Paul's that
> has the problem. My mobo is Intel, his is Gigabyte.
>
> Thanks all the same.

Understood, just an unfortunate bit of snipping in my message.
Started to reply to one of Paul's messages, got distracted and by the
time I got around to sending my reply there were multiple other
messages in the thread.  Among them was yours with the comment about
nothing being in the /proc tree about the sensors.  I found it
interesting that three of us had nothing in /proc/acpi/thermal_zone.

Cheers,

Mike