I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Jun 12 14:03:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 23:30 -0700, Mike Chambers wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:04 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>
> > Even though EVO's GUI sucks for configurability (fonts for each
> pane,
> > default
> > message title-bar for each directory(folder) {I want Subject:
> Sender:
> > Date and
> > not Sender:Subject:Date for example}, default thread message
> collapse
> > for each
> > directory (folder) is absent or has to be manually set, every
> time),
> > but EVO is very
> > fast with threaded message processing. It does not tie up my system.
>
> Dont' know if you have tried this, but if you point your mouse at the
> from/subject/date fields, right click, select Customize Current View,
> then select the Fields Shown button.  On the right, select which
> field
> you want first and move it up or down with the appropriate buttons.
> That should give you what you want.

Yes, of course.  But how about doing this over and over again with
several
folders in your entire tree?  If you have a small tree, no big deal, but
if you
have many trees, ugh. It takes awhile, granted, but gets worst if you
have
to do this for each user, for each computer, as an "IT personnel"?
Anyway,
in any case, it is just one issue in many other issues in making Evo
more robust
in terms of user configurability, overall.  I liked the way Thunderbird
and Kmail
implemented their interfaces, unfortunately their "engines" were not
robust
enough to be useful.

Kind regards,
Dan