ssh connection problems

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu Jun 12 15:11:20 UTC 2008

Around 04:05am on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 (UK time), Danny Yee scrawled:

> Since upgrading to Fedora 9, my ssh connections from home are
> regularly freezing.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is not a Fedora/ssh bug but rather some kind of
> problem with my ADSL router and/or connection.  (It doesn't affect
> my box at work.)  But does anyone have any idea what changes from
> openssh 4.7 to 5.0 could be responsible?  I suspect it's going to be
> easier to fix this by tweaking ssh behaviour than by trying to fix
> the ADSL router/modem...

Is it the machine you are sshing into that has been upgraded?  If so,
check /etc/ssh/sshd_config and if necessary add:

ClientAliveInterval 30
ClientAliveCountMax 5

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 16:08:06 up 20 days, 20:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.18, 0.09