Sound sys does work

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 18:41:38 UTC 2008

ramachandranc1 at aim.com wrote:
> I have installed fc7. nVidia nforce sound card is installed. Playback
> is not working.
> Ramachandran
That's a little concise for any assistance. :-)

Suppose you went to get your car worked on.  The mechanic asked you what
was wrong and you said it is not working.  That tells him something so
general that there is no way he can fix your car.
At least he has the car, so he can test it himself to see what is
wrong.  We don't have your computer.  All we have is what you tell us.

Try   aplay -lL   in a terminal or console and see if your sound card is
found.

If it is,

type   alsamixer   in a terminal or console and make sure that the sound
has been turned up.  Alsa defaults to silence on start to protect your
equipment and your ears.  You should be able to do this from a menu in
your desktop as well.

try    aplay -v -Dplughw some.wav   and see if any sound occurs.

Go to this link,

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

and download and run the script there.  It will scan your machine and put the output on a website.  It will give you a link that you can post back to the list so we can see the sound setup for your machine.