Sound sys does work

Chris Carlson cwcarlson at cox.net
Fri Jun 13 06:03:49 UTC 2008

I've been looking for a solution to this problem myself.  I installed f9
on a new AMD Athlong X2 Dual Core processor with an NVidia audio card
(according to lspci =  Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP61 High
Definition Audio (rev a2)).  I could get sound when I booted and when I
logged in, but Firefox and the media players couldn't make a sound.  I
found a security option on the "System => Preferences => System =>
Authorisations".  There's a set of options for "pulseaudio" that is
disabled.  I enabled them all, rebooted the machine, and the sound now
works.

I'm not sure a reboot is required.  I know it didn't work right away.
Maybe a logout/login is all that's necessary.

Hope this helps.
Chris