Google Earth and nVidia [SOLVED]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 13 11:30:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 07:09 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Well, my ~/.conf/Google was owned by root.  Deleting it and
> ~/.googleearth solved the problem.

I'm curious if that's because of a similar situation as Windows has:

You become the super user to install, you install, the installation's
final step offers to run the newly installed program, and you end up
running it as the root user.

It's ages since I installed Google Earth to remember how it worked.  The
current release threw masses of SELinux errors at me, when I tried it
some time ago.  I wasn't happy with the proposed solution - allow it to
do all sorts of things that SELinux was complaining that it shouldn't.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.