F9 x64 Dolphin views frustration , also floppy disk problem.

Mick M. off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 13:09:02 UTC 2008

Hi;
 could someone please tell me how to get dolphin to keep it settings?
I want detailed view as the default, with all fields shown.
I would like icon view to have 'size'

It seems no matter what I do iI get icons with just the names, deatails just get the name and date.

I like to sort by type.

Also I had a weird thing happen with a floppy disc in Dolphin.

Insert disk and click on it.
The drive starts to seek with its light on (expected)
The 'PC Floppy Drive' title is highlighted (expected)

The contents of the floppy are not displayed.
The highlight bar moves back up to 'Root'

Click on the 'PC Floppy Drive' again.
An error box pops up:
"An error occurred while accessing 'PC Floppy Drive", the system said: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.AlreadyMounted: Device /dev/fd0 is already mounted."

[root at localhost ~]# df
/dev/fd0                  1424      1420         4 100% /media/disk

[root at localhost ~]# mount
/dev/fd0 on /media/disk-1 type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal)

Clicking on /media/disk-1 shows the contents of the floppy.

[root at localhost ~]# uname -r
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.x86_64

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides dolphin
kdebase-4.0.5-3.fc9.x86_64

Thanks
  Mick M.