Updated NetworkManager for x86_64.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Sat Jun 14 06:07:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

      From time to time, I notice that, if a package has both an i386 and
x86_64 version when using the x86_64 distro, the i386 package is sometimes
omitted when updates are made.  I can usually work around the problem by
removing the i386 version and updating normally.  This time,
NetworkManager.i386 was depended upon by three other packages in my
installation.  My workaround this time was to download all the available
updated NetworkManager packages in the x86_64 repo, add the i386 package
from the i386 repo and do a localinstall.  My question is, is the omission
of the i386 packages from time to time intentional? And, in this case,
would it be a good idea for someone to add the i386 package for
NetworkManager to the x86_64 repo?

           TIA.

Bill in Denver