f9 grub kernel arguments and kickstart questions

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 17:12:51 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> [...]

Huh. I'll have to take a look at this.

I have releases/Everything and updates in my local repo, and I think I
am getting the newest kernel on a ks install with the root=UUID line.

But I won't be able to verify this until Tuesday.

>> Also I know I can 'append' things in kickstart like
>> "vga=791 acpi=force
>> reboot=b', but can I remove the 'rhgb quiet'?
>>
> Yes you may.  Booting still works fine :)
>> Thanks,
>> John

Yes...I wasn't clear enough. It seem the two options are there by
default and I prefer them not to be :-) It's just preference and no
problem to take them out after the install. But one less thing to do
after the network install is preferred.