[OT] Are security updates necessary?

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Sat Jun 14 18:18:00 UTC 2008

On Sat June 14 2008 10:29:48 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Mike Bird <mgb-fedora at yosemite.net> wrote:
> > I'm writing this in F8 after reverting back from F9 due to KDE 4.0, but
> > IIRC security updates for F8 end in six months and security updates for
> > F7 just ended.
>
> Yah... don't use your machine on the public internet, don't use
> unnecessary services, you'll be fine.

Provided you also don't browse the web, read emails, or accept
documents from others, then maybe you don't need security updates.

I still have a few FC3 servers behind multiple layers of firewalls
but in general I wouldn't recommend living without security updates.

However the thread topic is whether we can hope to see KDE 3.5 in F10.

--Mike Bird