Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 21:01:33 UTC 2008

--- On Sat, 6/14/08, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> From: Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
> Subject: Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
> Mike Bird wrote:
>
> > QUESTION TO DEVELOPERS: Is there any hope of a full
> KDE 3.5
> > in F10, plus an upgrade path from F8 to F10 that
> preserves
> > KDE 3.5 configurations?
>
> Fedora 9+ is pretty much comitted to kde 4 now, so short
> answer is no.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/KDE4FAQ
> The way forward is to help make kde4 better. and/or stick
> with f8/kde3 or rhel5/kde3 (if you want something beyond
> f8's lifetime).
>
> -- Rex
>
> --

I knew this all along, but I still have a question.

Is there any hope of getting the digital clock in KDE 4.X that looked and worked beautifully in KDE 3.5.X?

The new KDE clock does not impress me :(

I even wanted to look for KDE-Look to get the digital clock in Gnome, but I cannot find any places where to find the code.  I can compile it, I do not care if an rpm exists or not :)

I would like to rally KDE fans across to ask for the Digital clock.  The new clock works but is not what many users used to KDE 3.5.X like.

Otherwise, to run KDE 3.5.X and still run Fedora will be Fedora 8/7 or LiveCD that does not get any updates.

Regards,

Antonio