Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 15 00:24:39 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley <tom.horsley <at> att.net> writes:
> That depends, maybe RedHat thinks it would be a good thing if they
> didn't have to fool with KDE anymore .

Oh no, not that conspiracy theory again!

The only RH people involved with the decision to ship KDE 4 as the KDE desktop
from Fedora 9 on were the 2 KDE maintainers, and they did not take that
decision alone, it was done by all the KDE comaintainers, including the
community ones. We have no secret agenda to kill KDE, quite the opposite! (Just
ask those who have been involved in discussions with me about the role of KDE
in Fedora. I'm the one who always complains when KDE doesn't get equal
treatment with GNOME.) None of the people you suspect of trying to kill KDE
were involved in the decision to ship KDE 4 (and only KDE 4) in any way.

        Kevin Kofler