Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 02:59:08 UTC 2008

--- On Sat, 6/14/08, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?  I want it too !
> To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 7:39 PM
> --- On Sat, 6/14/08, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > From: Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?  I want it
> too !
> > To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> > Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 6:06 PM
> > On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 17:58 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> > > It's hard to believe that Red Hat would ship
> KDE
> > 4.1 in F10, but if
> > > it does KDE users will just choose another distro
> and
> > install it.
> >
> > This one definitely won't.
> >
> > poc
> >
> > --
>
> You mean Red Hat shipping KDE 4.1 in F10 right?
>
> or this part
>
> but if it does, KDE users will just choose another distro
> and install it.
>
> Because the second part seems very possible for many users
> that are upset with KDE 4.1.
No one should be upset with KDE 4.1 yet, it has not been released.  Clikced on send too quick :(.

Anyhow, KDE reminds me of the "No Child Left Behind Act",

http://www.ed.gov/nclb/landing.jhtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Child_Left_Behind_Act

All students will succeed in learning according to this act.  100 % of students will pass the state mandated exams.  We all know that is impossible, yet the Federal Government blessed the Act and holds all schools accountable.  As many educators across the nations pointed out,
"Your child will not be left behind", he/she will take a little bit longer to get there.

No offense to KDE developers.  They are doing their best to iron out all the bugs and given time, KDE should be back and working as best it can.  The world was not created in 1 day.  Was KDE rushed?  We can go on forever discussing this and we will not go anywhere :(.  What we can do, is continue to work and hope that users and developers can come together in improving KDE.  BTW, I hope that the real digital clock comes back :)  How many users would like to have it as well?

Regards,

Antonio