flashplugin-nonfree and W32 codecs in F9 ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 15 03:21:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:14 +0300, Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
> I haven't had these binary-only codecs for Microsoft Windows installed
> for at least an year and a half, and I haven't yet encountered a file
> that I couldn't play.

I was in that position, too for quite some time.  But you do,
occasionally, get a more obscure media file that needs something from
the additional codecs for it to play.

The last time was trying to play some WMA files on one website.  Some
played, some did not.  Oddly, they didn't all use the same encoding.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.