Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Mike Bird mgb-fedora at yosemite.net
Sun Jun 15 06:27:17 UTC 2008

On Sat June 14 2008 22:42:06 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> What is your suggestion?

We all make mistakes.  Some people deny their mistakes.  Some
people admit their mistakes, learn from them, and grow.  The
Fedora KDE team has made it clear where they stand.

KDE 4.x has good-looking icons, and technology which may one
day be useful, but for now KDE 4.x just gets in the way of
doing work.

Ric will be installing CentOS tomorrow.  I respect his decision
but I've lost respect for Red Hat.  Pulseaudio, desktops that
can't logoff, and now trying to force us to use KDE 4.x before
it's usable.  I think it'll be Debian Lenny or Kubuntu Hardy LTS:

http://ekaia.org/blog/2008/06/08/lets-go-for-kde-359-in-lenny/
http://kubuntu.org/announcements/8.04-release.php

--Mike Bird