tr problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 15 09:59:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 02:36 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> Remember when you could by a carton of paper for $15? Ribbons for $4?
> Now my damn printer uses 25 cents worth of ink when you turn it on
and
> it prints a damn test page.

Boxes of 2000 fan-fold sheets that lasted ages, and because you're not
putting sheets into a tiny hopper, you weren't forever adding paper to a
printer every other day.  Likewise with ribbons that lasted for years.

I gave up on inkjet printers, long ago.  The running costs are stupid,
the disable products an environmental disaster, made all the more worse
by their short lifespan.

> I miss the look of a good carbon ribbon's output, too. It looked
> "raised" and very professional.

I'm very impressed if, these days, I receive something that's obviously
hand typed.  There's quite a bit of skill in hand typing something
without any errors.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686