Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 15:08:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 15:47 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
> >> KDE 4.0 is incomplete and not suitable for most users.
> >
> > Not true, it is completely usable.
>
> While the OP was over the top,
> there are a surprising (to me) number of minor problems
> with KDE-4 under Fedora-9.
>
> I'm a little surprised, too, that they haven't been
> sorted out sooner.
>
> Examples: 1) "Stickiness" of applications in the panel.
> When I click normally on eg my Firefox icon, nothing happens (usually).
> I have to hold down the button for a second,
> and sometimes I have to click a second time.

Never seen that.

> 2) KNotify crashes when I shut down.
> (This has been in bugzilla for ages.)

Seen that very occasionally.

> 3) Sometimes I get a "ghost" image on the screen in one of my desktops,
> which won't go away.

Never seen that.

One thing I do see (and assume is in BZ though I really should check) is
messed-up window decorations for a newly-created window, e.g. the title
bar is half-drawn and some of the buttons don't appear. As soon as I
grab the window and move it slightly, it fixes itself. It doesn't seem
to depend on the theme as I've tried several.

poc