Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jun 15 16:01:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 10:47 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> max bianco wrote:
>
> > KDE 4.0 is already way better than its predecessor. I used KDE before
> > I started using Fedora but not after, it was the ugliest KDE i had
> > seen. KDE is moving in the right direction as far as I am concerned
> > but what do i know, i was in the minority when i bitched about the
> > ugly KDE of yesteryear, I am in the minority again it seems.
>
> I think it's mostly that those who are unhappy are simply the most vocal about it, which is why basing decisions based only "the squeeky wheel" is rarely wise.
----
What I believe it to be is...Those of us who have to put a desktop
system in for other, less skilled users are not eager to put what is
basically a 'dead desktop' in front of those users because they often
save files to their desktop and move them from there. This is a very
real problem....I made it clear yesterday and Kevin responded to it
adequately. For those of us in that position, it seems advantageous to
hang with F7/F8 for a while longer.

The rest of the griping seems to be individual users who are unwilling
to deal with some feature regression for the short term for the benefit
of a feature rich future. Those opinions I pretty much dismiss summarily
since you guys already made that decision for them. Hanging with F7 or
F8 for a while for those people certainly is an option too.

Thanks Rex and Kevin for your efforts, your considerations and taking
the abuse which I would think is unwarranted but others don't share my
opinion.

Craig