Firefox for ever

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sun Jun 15 17:47:46 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry to be mean, but why don't Fedora just admit
>>> that no browser they produce is likely to be as good as Firefox?
>>>
>> Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Fedora doesn't "produce" any browser
>> although it does contribute to Firefox and includes it in the repository.
>>

> I guess I should have said Fedora/KDE.
> (One tends to forget that there are still some people running Gnome.)
> When I install Fedora-9 from the KDE Fedora Live CD
> I was offered Konqueror as default browser.

<asbestos> Does anyone have numbers on the distribution of Gnome vs KDE
users in Linux at large and Fedora specifically?  I hear a lot of
complaints by the KDE folks (not just on 3.5 vs 4.0 issues).  Is this
just <tongue-in-cheek> the down trodden minority rage </tongue-in-cheek>
or are there more KDE users than I think?</asbestos>

Does smolt gather these statistics?  I didn't find any references on the
wiki.

~~R