Gnash question regarding http://www.y8.com/games/Penalty_Fever

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 23:35:26 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I have installed gnash, the opensource choice vs its opposite abobe-flash plugin on an x86_64 machine.  While playing Penalty_Fever below

http://www.y8.com/games/Penalty_Fever

The CPU ~ 100%, that is goes all they way up to 99-100%.  With the adobe flash player, the cpu on another machine fluctuates between 50-60%.  Is there a setting that can be made in gnash, to allow the CPU to behave properly.

[olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa gnash*
gnash-cygnal-0.8.2-2.fc9.x86_64
gnash-0.8.2-2.fc9.x86_64
gnash-plugin-0.8.2-2.fc9.x86_64
gnash-klash-0.8.2-2.fc9.x86_64

CPU speed is fairly decent, and I have 2GB of memory less the shared memory for the integrated video card.

[olivares at localhost ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 15
model		: 95
model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1600
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 1000.000
cache size	: 1024 KB
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni cx16 lahf_lm svm extapic cr8_legacy
bogomips	: 2000.85
TLB size	: 1024 4K pages
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 64
address sizes	: 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

[olivares at localhost ~]$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:      1930420 kB
MemFree:        116752 kB
Buffers:        178032 kB
Cached:         837344 kB
SwapCached:         28 kB
Active:         986588 kB
Inactive:       536428 kB
SwapTotal:     5951428 kB
SwapFree:      5951276 kB
Dirty:             156 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:      507616 kB
Mapped:          74380 kB
Slab:           205712 kB
SReclaimable:   167144 kB
SUnreclaim:      38568 kB
PageTables:      27392 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:   6916636 kB
Committed_AS:  1064604 kB
VmallocTotal: 34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed:    274244 kB
VmallocChunk: 34359464075 kB
HugePages_Total:     0
HugePages_Free:      0
HugePages_Rsvd:      0
HugePages_Surp:      0
Hugepagesize:     2048 kB
[olivares at localhost ~]$

Is there some setting that can be modified so CPU behaves normally while playing Penalty_Fever, or just forget about playing it with Gnash?

TIA,

Antonio