Firefox for ever

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Jun 15 23:40:50 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> [...]
I almost never use KDE any more since FC9. Fedora used to give you a
choice at login, and then politely ask if your choice was permanent,
some question like "make this your default browser?" Now that the choice
is always permanent (AFAIK) I tried KDE once, at install, so that if I
ever need it I will have it. But since I have to remember to reset my
browser after I'm done, it is just one more PITA.

Do the people who make these decisions ever actually *use* this stuff? a
one time extra step to make a permanent change is almost certainly less
hassle than having to remember to set the choice back for occsional use
of an alternate browser.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>