aMule: What is the best met list to use?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Jun 16 15:37:00 UTC 2008

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

 > Well, I am using aMule and I wonder what the best trusted
 > list to use.  I currently have:
 > http://ocbmaurice.dyns.net/pl/slist.pl?download/server-best.met
 >
 > Which came with aMule to start with (I think).  Seems that it
 > was working great for awhile, then the lists started changing
 > and stopped transferring files I wanted.
 >
 > I tried to use different met files via the Preferences->Server->
 > Auto-update serverlist, but in doing so, killed aMule.
 >
 > Is this a normal situation where file-request-providers just stop
 > providing files for transfer requests or is there something deeper
 > here?  I am not an expert in the use of P2P - so I have no clue how
 > it works generally.
 >
 > I tried switching different P2P Network IPs hoping to get the
 > download requests restarted.
 >
 > Any advice?

Apologies, I am having troubles with my email server getting replies from
which I am unable to keep email threads consistent, hence this reply.

Responding to: Fennix
Hello Dan,

I always have many problems with a new Fedora install to run aMule. The
default URL that comes with the package that you used often does not work
with me. This time I have found a number of links which I have used but
cannot tell you if they are completely ok (meaning trustable) for use but I
am up this time with less problems than before. The links I have found are
as follows:

http://ocbmaurice.dyndns.org/pl/slist.pl/server.met?download/server-best.met

http://ocbmaurice.no-ip.org/pl/slist.pl/server.met?download/server-best.met
http://users.servicios.retecal.es/ljpadillam/Baltab/server.met
http://www.gruk.org/server.met.gz
http://www.peerates.net/servers.php
http://corpo.free.fr/server.met

http://ilgatto.dyndns.org/server.met
http://2z4u.de/slee767u/min/server.met
http://amis33.free.fr/files/server.met
http://ocbmaurice.dyns.net/pl/slist.pl?download
http://ocbmaurice.dyns.net/pl/slist.pl?download/server-max.met
http://ocbmaurice.dyns.net/pl/slist.pl?download/server-good.met
http://ed2x.com/nol0ox74/micro/server.met
http://ed2x.com/nol0ox74/max/server.met
http://ed2x.com/nol0ox74/min/server.met
http://www.esel-paradies.de/liste83/server.met
http://people.freenet.de/mrhussein/good/server.met
http://people.freenet.de/mrhussein/best/server.met
http://people.freenet.de/mrhussein/max/server.met
http://www.srv1000.com/x1/server.met
http://www.filedealer.de/ocb/slist.pl/server.met?download/server-best.met
http://ocbmaurice.dyndns.org/pl/slist.pl/server.met?download/server-best.met

http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/minsrv.html
http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/goodsrv.html
http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/maxsrv.html
http://edonkey.by.ru/servers.shtml
http://www.brainstorm24.com/cgi-bin/server/list.cgi
http://www.edonkey2000.com/servers.html
http://www.fast-downloads.de/server.met
http://server3.hostpoint.ch/~tuningsc/server.met
<http://server3.hostpoint.ch/%7Etuningsc/server.met>
<http://server3.hostpoint.ch/%7Etuningsc/server.met>
http://ilgatto.dyndns.org/server.met

I have seen warnings that some of the servers available can give you links
that are not trustable....but regardless, to get online I started from the
top until I had over 100 servers listed then all appeared to start to work
normally.

Fennix

Thank you for your reply.  What do I do with the above list you
have provided, I mean, how do I get this into aMule?

Thanks!
Dan Thurman